Complaints procedure and grievance policy
As a club affiliated to British Gymnastics, Honiton Gymnastics Club is bound by the BG Procedures for complaints, disciplinary issues and membership suspensions and expulsions.
The club places the welfare and safety of its members as the highest priority.
Any issues, complaints or grievances will be dealt with sensitively and confidentially at all times.
- If a parent/carer has an issue or wishes to make a complaint about some aspect of the club’s activity, about the conduct of an individual member of staff or any other club related subject, it will often be possible to reach a resolution by simply speaking to an appropriate club official, such as the individual concerned, the club coach in charge of the session or welfare officer.
- We respectfully request that any discussions are held at an appropriate time, ideally a mutually agreed time, in a respectful manner and with appropriate respect to all individuals concerned.
- Should a parent/carer feel that they have a particularly sensitive issue to discuss which may require more privacy then please contact our welfare officer, Pam Burns, directly to make an appropriate appointment time. (contact details can be found at the bottom of this document)
- If a satisfactory resolution cannot be found then refer to stage two.
- If informal discussions of an issue or a complaint have not produced a satisfactory resolution to the situation, parents/carers should put their complaint in writing for the attention of our director of coaching, Helen Reddy. Ensure that all relevant details are included such as the individual concerned, dates, evidence and any other important information. (contact details can be found at the bottom of this document)
- The director of coaching will acknowledge receipt of the complaint as soon as possible and fully investigate the matter within 15 working days. If there is any delay the director of coaching will advise the parent/carers of the reasons. The director of coaching will provide a full written reply.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome you can request that the matter is referred to the Honiton Gymnastics Club Board (CMC). This request must be made in writing for the attention of the board. (contact details can be found at the bottom of this document)
- The board will acknowledge receipt of the complaint as soon as possible.
- Within 15 working days the board will fully investigate the matter and hold a specially convened meeting.
- The board will ensure that a written reply is sent within 28 days of being in receipt of the complaint, outlining how the complaint was investigated and detailing the outcome of the investigations and their final decision.
- Where applicable a copy of the final outcome and any recommendations or amendments to club policies and procedures will be made available to any individuals involved and a copy sent to director of coaching.
- If the parent/carer is still not satisfied with the outcome they can raise the complaint to British Gymnastics. (contact details can be found at the bottom of this document)
Director of coaching: Helen Reddy
Written contact: F.A.O director of coaching, 5 Summerland, Honiton, EX14 1HF
Email: Helen Reddy
Welfare officer: Pam Burns
Written contact: Welfare officer, 11 Meadows Crescent, Honiton, EX14 2UZ. Available to speak after a gymnastics session. Email: Honiton Gymnastics Club Welfare Officer
Honiton Gymnastics Club Board: Melissa Pendrick, Emma Smith, James Reddy, Pam Burns, Helen Reddy
Written contact: Honiton Gymnastics Club Board, 5 Summerland, Honiton, EX14 1HF.
Email: Honiton Gymnastics Club Board
British Gymnastics Ethics & Welfare Department: 0845 129 7129 ext 234